Sunday, 11 June 2017

Authentic Samgyeopsal (삼겹살) Experience in Seoul

Samgyeopsal is one of the most popular Korean dishes, refers to pork belly or beef meat slices grilled on your table. South Koreans also has a Samgyeopsal Day celebration during March where all people should eat Samgyeopsal. 

When I asked where and what I want to eat, Samgyeopsal was only my answer. I want to experience and taste what authentic Samgyeopsal is like in South Korea. We went into 2 different restaurants in Seoul where they serve Samgyeopsal. The one was just walking distance from Holiday Inn Express Euljiro where we stayed at. 




The other one was in Myeongdong, that is famous for people working in the office nearby. They also served us FREE clam with veggies soup.

The taste of the meat, veggies, side dishes, and presentations were really different from the one that Korean Restaurants serves in Manila. VERY different. 

Samgyeopsal is usually eaten during dinner. So I was usually full before we sleep at night.





I was happy that I got experienced the art of eating Samgyeopsal in traditional Korean way. It's definitely an experience you shouldn't miss when you travel to Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment