Monday, 23 January 2017

Gyeongbokgung Palace (경복궁) Seoul, South Korea

We decided to visit the Gyeongbokgung Palace (경복궁) on my first day in Seoul. Oppa is my personal tour guide, photographer, Korean mentor, my ultimate critic and boyfriend.. (my all in one). It was Sunday so we already expecting that there will be alot of people there. Since its winter, I have prepared all my winter wear but I swear, those were not enough to take the freezing weather.

From our hotel, we rode a subway train to go there. Since I am with him, I have no worries where to go and where to ride. I let him guide me all the way which is a bit disadvantage when I am alone. I will tell you why next. 

How to go there:

Address: 161, Sajik-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul
서울특별시 종로구 사직로 161 (세종로)





- From Euljiro 3-ga, we walked a bit to Line 3 subway train going to Gyeongbokgung directly. 









Gyeongbokgung (Hangul: 경복궁) also known as Gyeongbokgung Palace, was the main royal palace of the Joseon dynasty. Built in 1395, it is located in northern Seoul, South Korea. The largest of the Five Grand Palaces built by the Joseon dynasty, Gyeongbokgung served as the home of Kings of the Joseon dynasty, the Kings' households, as well as the government of Joseon.


Gwanghwamun (The Main and South Gate)







We have also watched the parade of the Palace guards. And I tell you now, most of them are handsome. Oppa got jealous a bit but he found me funny. He also insisted me to have a photo with one of the guards. I picked the most handsome one. hahaha! 





Heungnyemun (The Second Inner Gate)






We did not go inside the palace as we were running out of time. But will definitely come back next time. We just enjoyed taking photos around the palace and Oppa gave me a bit history about it. He is really a Certified Tour Guide. 













No comments:

Post a Comment