Tuesday, 28 June 2016
Thursday, 9 June 2016
Deciding and choosing the right makeup for a corporate environment is one of the challenges that many women face today. Looking competent and professional is very important. If you are a woman who prefers to work with a bare-faced beauty, you can still learn from this blog whenever you need to wear makeup. The trick is finding a look that enhances your natural beauty.
Some of the most successful women I know made an effort to stand out with their appearance, whether that be with bright lips or their choice of dress. However, smoky eyes in the workplace are generally considered a no-no. They either look too sultry or like you didn’t remove last night’s make-up.
Here are some rules for a workplace safe look:
1. It has to stand the test of time; you don’t want to have to keep retouching your look when you have to dash from meeting to meeting.
2. It has to be low-maintenance and easy enough for you to be able to complete in a rush. Some people might be prepared to spend 30 minutes doing their face, but some rather spend an extra 20 minutes in bed and 10 minutes doing their face. It’s up to you how will you manage your time for your makeup routine!
3. It should enhance, and not hide who you are.
4. It shouldn’t be distracting; remember, you want people to impress to you without being mesmerized by your hot red lipgloss.
5. It should make you feel both comfortable and amazing.
So, what are some tips and products I can suggest you for your office makeup?
FACE AND FOUNDATION:
Always moisturize your skin before applying make-up, but be sure to use an oil-free moisturizer so that your make-up stays in place. Using a primer not only helps your make-up last long but also protects your skin. I have an oily and acidic skin, so I am using hydrating primer and oily free foundation. Facial mists also are a great way to get a refreshed look throughout the day. In a matter of few seconds, you will be left with a fresh face on a hot and sweaty day!
PRODUCTS for my face that I come back to again and again:
- L’OREAL Hydrafresh Anti Shine Moisturizer
- LOLA Refine Prime Foundation Primer
- L’OREAL True Match Liquid Foundation
- The Face Shop Collagen Water
EYES AND LASHES:
Although you may be in love with the smoky-eye or the cat-eye, there is a time and a place. Essential to your office look is to wear a natural eyeshadow that sweeps effortlessly over your lids. Another important tip for your eyes – no heavy eyeliner! This is the number 1 pet peeve for the office. Thick eyeliner is one of the things that instantly catches people’s eye and there is no getting away from the fact that it will make you look caked in makeup, even if you have done the rest of your face with a natural look. If you do wear eyeliner to work, I recommend just placing it in the outer corner of your eye.
PRODUCTS for my eyes that I come back to again and again:
- Kardashian Palette Eyeshadow Touch Tones
- Kardashian Liquid Eyeliner
- Maybelline Mascara
Blush should enhance your lovely face, and while I adore a gorgeous and rosy, I’m more looking for something to add a touch of color when I’m at work. Be careful about using anything too shimmery, but a touch of shimmer looks nice under fluorescent lights that bounce off your cheekbones.
PRODUCT for my cheeks that I come back to again and again:
- Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush on
With lip color, you have a little bit more freedom to express yourself than you do at work with eye colors, as long as they aren’t too distracting. Personally, I love matte mauve and all matte lipsticks.
PRODUCT for my lips that I come back to again and again:
- NYX Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar
- Maybelline 681 Vibrant Violet
- Maybelline LIP Gradation Mauve
- L’OREAL Riche Moisture Matte
I hope these tips will help you to perfect your office look. Remember girls, there is a time and a place for heavy makeup! While we love a smoky-eye as much as the next girl, it won’t do to you any favors in the workplace.
I feel so empty this past few days. And I don't want to ruin my day just because of this negative feeling so I made a last minute dec...
It was a month long celebration. I took some off from work last May and spent 3 days and 2 nights in Baguio with my parents, niece and famil...
Since I am working in the Hotel's Corporate Office, I have an advantage to book and stay using my Employee Rate to hotels (under IHG) ar...