Thursday, 19 November 2015

Soul Searching in Tagaytay

I feel so empty this past few days. And I don't want to ruin my day just because of  this negative feeling so I made a last minute decision. After my night shift, I decided to go to Tagaytay alone. Yes I’m furious, but I really wanna go. So I quick scanned Google, checked the place where I can go and checked map if how far is the place from the City Central.  

I usually go there with friends by car for coffee, Bulalo, feel the cool breeze and a nice long chat. This time it’s different, I went there by bus from LRT Buendia. It can be scary traveling alone, especially when you’ve never done it before. But, for me, growing old without experiencing everything I want from life is scarier.


More than that, solo travel gives me ultimate freedom. I wake up and it’s just me— what I want, where I want, when I want. In that freedom and infinite space of possibility, I meet myself. 

Here are the places that I have visited:

  • PEOPLE's PARK in the sky 

                   - formerly called Palace in the Sky. Entrance fee is 30.00. However, since it was already owned by the Government, the park is no longer maintained. I stayed there for 15 minutes only, just to take photos and see the whole place of Tagaytay City and Taal Lake from the top.

















  • PICNIC GROVE

           - This is the most popular budget-friendly destination for family and friends in Tagaytay. Entrance fee is 50.00. The TAGAYTAY PICNIC GROVE Eco-Trail will lead you first down to the cottage areas facing Taal Lake and the majestic Taal Volcano. The trail will then pull you up to the boardwalk and bridges surrounded by wonderful trees and the fresh cool breeze of the highlands of Tagaytay. They also have horseback riding, zipline and cable cars. 
I tried the horseback riding coz I haven't done doing that for my more than 28 years of existence. 





















  • BULALO experience 
                - Tagaytay is also famous for their very good bulalo soup. Bulalo is a Filipino stew made from beef shanks and marrow bones. It is native to the Southern Luzon region of the country. I had one for my lunch. :) I enjoyed eating while sight seeing of the Taal Lake.



  • Starbucks Tagaytay
          - This is where you find one of the most beautiful Starbucks branch in the Philippines. This Starbucks store is beautifully situated in a gently sloping terrain with a breathtaking view of Taal Lake. My phone battery needs to be charged and this is a perfect place to stay, relax and use electricity. haha. :)
I enjoyed the view while having a sip to my favorite coffee drink and eating my blueberry cheesecake. 






Those were only the few places that I have visited in Tagaytay during my solo travel. There are still alot of beautiful places that I want to go soon, hopefully, with the man I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment